If your career ambition, as a Planning Specialist, is to work within an organisation heavily involved in land development to create sustainable communities then this opportunity could be for you. Our client is a private property company who are heavily involved in investment and development across the residential and commercial property markets. Their development team focuses on the promotion of land utilising their skills in the planning process to bring forward residential-led projects liaising with local communities to design-led sustainable schemes.
Their forte is to utilise their knowledge and many years’ experience, working closely with their landowning partners, to create schemes across the East Anglia region with a sense of place and character not only for the residents but also the wider community. In helping achieve these aims our client requires a RICS or RTPI qualified Planning Specialist to provide the necessary expertise and project management skills to focus on planning and development input.
The person profile:
As a member of the Development Team, you will provide planning expertise and demonstrable skills in:
• Experience of working in both the public and the private sector.
• Good knowledge of the planning system & wider development/commercial process and how it can be used to optimise the value of development projects.
• High standards of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
• The ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
• A strong mentality to "get the job done" while fostering good working relationships both within and outside of the company.
• The ambition to succeed in a privately owned, successful property company.
• Ability to work to agreed project timetables to achieve scheme objectives
As a Planning Specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Preparation of planning development management appraisals.
• Preparation of planning policy appraisals.
• Community Engagement & Political and Community Auditing.
• Project management/ Project management support/project administration.
• Supervision of professional service firms and consultants.
• Reporting to investors, landowners, and funders on the progress of projects.
• Working to identify and secure new projects.
• Contribute to the continued improvement of internal project management systems.
The ability to communicate clearly and develop/sustain good working relationships with all stakeholders is an important ingredient of the role.
For more information about this Planning Specialist opportunity please call 0370 243 0053/07778 012166 or send your CV to email@example.com.