Health & Safety Manager
The appointment of a Health & Safety Manager requires for a major undertaking and will require a driven senior-level IOSH qualified professional to join this significant property company and to perform an overview and instigate a programme across their H&S issues. You will have proven the experience of delivering HSE standards working across the commercial property and when required, development projects of significant value.
Our client is one of the UK's largest private owners of commercial property to let, managing a portfolio in excess of 15 million square feet across the UK, which is held for long term investment purposes. The client's strategy is an intensive management approach to enhance returns and maximise asset growth, the group is committed to further expansion by acquisition and development of the quality commercial property to rent in key UK locations. They are acquisitive, seeking high yielding investment property across many sectors.
• To manage, lead and champion Health, Safety & Environment delivery across the business.
• Provide strategic advice on LL responsibilities and occupier requirements across our client’s portfolios.
• Design, develop and communicate strategic objectives, and measure HSE performance against strategic deliverables
• To provide the advice and support necessary to assist Directors, Managers and Staff to fulfil their safety responsibilities to the high standards demanded.
• To facilitate and coach operational teams on cutting edge HSE principles.
• To lead any relevant HSE assurance activities providing confidence to the business that operational effectiveness.
• An experienced HSE professional with a track record of working across a significant commercial portfolio and major development projects
• Skilled in managing and coordinating direct reports/team of advisers to deliver an efficient service. A hands-on operation and prepared to lead from the front.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels and to advise stakeholders with confidence.
• A professional who embraces change and sees new ways of working as an opportunity to improve.
What you'll need to succeed
You will develop the HSE operating frame ensuring effective delivery and implementation of regulatory change. You will be competent in managing and advising colleagues acting as key support across the business. You will have a strategic outlook with the ability to convert strategy into a delivery plan. You will lead the delivery and implementation of the HSE strategies and look to develop and enhance personal & technical safety. Based in the West Midlands, the role will take you throughout the UK and regularly to London
What you'll get in return
In return, you can expect a salary up to c£45/50000 plus company car and a number of the company benefits.