A major retailing corporate is seeking to appoint an Estates Surveyor to focus on a regional aspect of their operational portfolio. A great opportunity to join a busy in-house property function, as an Estates Surveyor, to concentrate on aspects of estates management, development and property transactional. To qualify, you will have current experience of negotiating rent reviews and lease renewals, undertaking acquisitions, relocations and disposals and coordinating all aspects of day to day management.
• To provide advice and expertise in handling L&T cases involving our predominantly leasehold estate.
• From time to time identify and acquire individual units in accordance with our corporate space requirements within a geographical region
• Undertake relocations of existing outlets and disposal of property surplus to our corporate plans.
• Review our regularly real estate assets and secure rate rebates in accordance with strategies. Maximise financial benefits within the appropriate timescale.
• You will lead and instruct external consultants and legal advisors, coordinate various functions to execute projects.
• To provide verbal/written advice to Senior Management on all aspects of Estate Management matters and provide completed projects with all supporting and relevant information to our Estates, FM and Project Management functions.
• Ideally MRICS Qualifications
• A proven track record operating in an in-house function focusing on rent reviews, lease renewals, and general estate management with a proven track record in transactional work in the retail or possibly industrial sectors.
• You will possess excellent communication skills through an established network of contacts. You will have honed your negotiation skills.
• Broad knowledge across Property involving planning, development appraisals, contract law and construction methodology will certainly help.
• Ideally client-side experience (or possibly private practice).
If you are looking to join a successful progressive organisation, as an Estates Surveyor, and looking to grow within a busy department then this opportunity is certainly worth considering. If you’re ready to learn new skills, roll your sleeves up and dive into an exciting challenge then call us today on 0370 2430053.
Thomas Jeffrey would be happy to discuss this role in greater detail and explain what our client is looking for in terms of your skills.