BUILDING SURVEYOR – Property Company
West Midlands | c£50000 | VAC-19094
Our clients are looking for a Building Surveyor to join their team to assist with the management of this expanding portfolio. Our client is an Investor and Developer of Commerical Property with a property portfolio valued in excess of £3billion.
Duties will include:
• Working with the property management team to ensure the portfolio is maintained to the highest standards.
• Property inspections and preparation of schedules of condition where required
• Monitoring redecoration cycles, life cycle and specifying and managing contract works on a planned basis.
• Providing technical support and advice relating to building defects, planned maintenance, reactive maintenance and mechanical and electrical issues.
• Contractor and consultant liaison and management.
• Latent defect diagnosis and liaison with building contractors to close out claims.
• Working with our London based asset management team, supporting the ongoing refurbishment and extension programme.
• Nationwide travel.
The emphasis for the Building Surveyor will centre on Professional and PPM maintenance work generated from the portfolio. From time to time there will be extensions and major refurbishments to instigate and supervise through to completion. You will have experience of working within an existing commercial building management environment either client side or for a consultant and capable of delivering a high quality and technically competent service. You will be experienced in identifying and rectifying building defects and take a robust professional approach to contractor management and performance.
We require a Building Surveyor with the following skills:
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly organised and excellent time management
• Team player
• A robust approach to contractor management
BSc Building Surveying or similar property related degree
Clean driving licence
This is a full-time position for a forward thinking Building Surveyor with a competitive salary available subject to experience and qualifications.