Senior Planning Manager
West Midlands | £45-55000 | Vac - 19002
Our client is a leading development and investment property company, with a prolific reputation in regeneration and large scale development. Their development programme provides professionals to concentrate on the long term projects and schemes across mixed use, commercial and residential projects. A newly created position for a highly experienced Town Planning Specialist has come available
To assist the Development Programme in all aspects it’s planning activities of existing and future land projects to ensure that appropriate consents are obtained, cost effectively and in line with strategy. You will work closely with Head of Planning across all projects; initially playing supporting role covering planning policies, procedures and wide variety of applications. In time, you will have the scope to take the “lead” in projects and concentrate on your own caseload coordinating with Development colleagues on significant schemes.
This appointment requires involvement managing the planning process and disciplines from initial enquiries to final consent. Your objectives will focus on the fundamental aspects of planning whilst assimilating into your new surroundings and operation.
You will be a highly effective communicator, enabling you to manage, advise and liaise with externals consultants, engineers and authorities to finalise the detail in planning procedure to ensure the essentials are adhered to in line with timescales and proposed deadlines. You will ensure that best practice is applied throughout.
- Implementation of applications appraisal to submission
- Manage planning applications
- Manage and liaise external consultants
- Handle negotiations with authorities on obligations to obtain consents
- Manage expectation to timescales
- Work closely with Development Team
- Establish effective profile with external consultants and local authorities in pursuit of opportunities for the company
Scope of role:
- Site promotion and manage overall planning determination
- Drive development initiatives through planning opportunities
- Handling Appeals to maximise potential
- Oversee the identification of potential forward land through planning initiatives
- Determine the appropriate method of acquisition to manage the planning representation procedure.
Effective working relationships are essential part of daily working life. The focus of this role is both:
Internal: colleagues in the Regional Development office and Head office.
External: Local Authorities, other public bodies, landowners, housebuilders and other developers, all consultants and legal advisors
- RICS/MRTPI Qualifications
- At least 7 years’ experience
- Property Company/Planning Consultancy background
- Local Authority experience considered
- Confidence and personality coupled to communication skills
- Concurrent experience in land promotion and planning for development
- Strong contact base in the Midlands
These are illustrative duties consistent with our operation and you will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond to the requirements of the Company. For more information about this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0370 243 0553 to find out more details.